Saturday, January 17, 2009

Powdered Eggs on Sale!!

I know you might not be too excited about a sale on powdered eggs. Sometimes, though, we end up running to the store just for milk and eggs, and then we blow our budgets on other stuff while we are there. And...this is an awesome price. I first tried these powdered eggs out last August. They work really well. You just add 1 TB of dried egg powder to your recipe and then add 2 TB of liquid (water, milk, just increase whatever the recipe calls for). That's it. Great for cookies, breads, etc. I will say that my cupcakes didn't quite fluff up like they do if I use regular eggs, but they were fine and it saves you a trip to the grocery store to just get eggs!

I went to Macey's grocery store last night (Associated Foods here in Utah) and they had the Morning Moo Dried Whole Eggs for $14.59. That is $9.80 off the regular price of $24.39! The package says that it contains 226 tablespoons, and one TB = 1 egg, so that comes out to $0.06 per egg, or 77 cents per dozen. When you figure that regular eggs are around $1.25 or so per dozen, that's a savings of 48 cents, or almost 39 percent savings. The sale runs through Tuesday, January 20, 2009.

If nothing else, you could split a container with a friend and try them out. It would only cost you about $7.50 each that way, and you could see if you would like them. That's how I first tried them out, and they have been very handy to have in my pantry!

3 comments:

  1. i'm still skeptical. can i borrow like 1/2 cup from you and play with a batch of food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori, remember those chocolate cookies I brought to your house at Christmas? Yup. Totally snuck those powdered eggs right past ya! hahahaha! (evil laughter.....)

    And yes, you can come over and borrow some eggs whenever....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Lori's SIL. I actually have these eggs, and they are wonderful to use in waffles, cookies, any baking that you do. I wouldn't use them to actually make an omelet, they taste kind of weird (yes, I've tried it), but great for baking, especially when you're out of eggs and don't want to run to the store late at night or first thing in the morning. Btw, I love this site! I just found it today, but I love the ideas of saving a little money. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails