Monday, January 12, 2009

Memberships

I need some opinions. I have had a Sam's Club membership for the last 9 years. It expired this past weekend and I am on the fence on whether to renew or not.

I have been looking into getting a Costco membership instead. Both Sam's and Costco are the same distance from my house just in different directions. I just can't decide if one is better than the other. So I am wondering what is your opinion? Do you like one over the other? Is there a reason behind it? What is your suggestion?

3 comments:

  1. we had a Sam's Club membership until about three years ago. We switched over to Costco mainly because it was easier to get to, closer, similar stuff, etc. The one thing i LOVE about Costco is our American Express rewards. We signed up for an AmEx card through Costco and we get 2% back on anything we spend there.. and 9% back on any gas we buy there. So every quarter a check comes in the mail for us that we get to go back to Costco and spend :) For that reason, we love Costco. But to be fair, it's been so long since I've gone to Sams Club I don't even know the prices there or the difference. My SIL shops at both places I'll have to ask her opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you don't mind a stranger dropping in on your blog. I've been following for a few weeks now because I am always up for a little money savings.:) I have both Costco and Sams. The best way I can describe it is like shopping at walmart vs Target. Sam's is a bit cheaper. I know Costco is more the "in" thing to do, but I've never cared to much about that. Really the items are similar in both. I hope that helps. Thanks for letting me blogstalk! You all have good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Tanya! Blogstalk all you want! Oh, and I agree that Sam's prices are probably a tad lower, but for me Costco is closer and much more convienient.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails