Sunday, January 25, 2009

January Food Co-op

I paid $49 for the following:

  • 1lb. Top Sirloin Fajita Strips
  • 2 lb. Package of Chicken Drumsticks
  • 2 lb. Sirloin Pork Roast
  • 1 lb. Lean Ground Beef
  • 2 lb. Rice
  • 2 loaf Artisan Wheat Bread
  • 11 Fuji Apples
  • 11 Pears
  • 10 Oranges
  • 2 Romain Lettuce
  • 7 Red Bell Peppers
  • 10 Tomatoes
  • 4 Avocados
  • 1 Head of Cauliflower
  • 2  l2lb. Bag of Carrots 
  • 34 oz Extra Virgin Olive Oil
That's it!! $49!!!  Buying the same amount from the grocery store would equal and possibly surpass $80.  Do it!! Do the food co-op for February.  The deadline for your order is Feburary 6th.   This month:

The Standard Share  ($35-$46 retail)  $23
2 lb Chicken Breast 1 lb Pork Spare Ribs
1 lb Beef Stew Meat 1 lb Lean Ground Beef (85/15)
Fresh Fruits (3 varieties)
Fresh Vegetables (5 varieties)
Artisan Wheat Bread
16 oz Rice

Half Share  ($21-$27 retail)  $14
2 lb Chicken Breast 1 lb Beef Stew Meat
Fresh Fruits (3 varieties)
Fresh Vegetable (4 varieities)
Artisan Wheat Bread
16 oz Rice 

Harvest Share ($21-$26 Retail) $14
Fresh Fruits (3 varieties) Fresh Vegetables (6 varieties)
Artisan Wheat Bread 16 oz Rice

There are some add-ons you can also buy.  Last month I ordered a Standard Share and a Harvest Share.  They were selling Extra Virgin Olive Oil for $7 so I bought that too!!  It's worth doing the food co-op.  They have them in every state (I listed a directory on the side) also, if you're in graduate school or on government assistance for any reason they said they take food stamps as payment.  Totallly worth it!  I wasn't able to pick up my food because I was at an adoption class, Amanda did it for me.  I'm hoping she'll do her inaugural post and explain how the food co-op pick up works.  
 
YAY for groceries that will last me three weeks!!!

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in this, but I don't know what a co-op is. Could you please explain how it works.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails