Sunday, May 10, 2009

Vacation Frugalness

Granted... the most frugal way was to buy our own breakfast and eat IN the hotel room...but I wasn't that organized.  So instead I took our starving children to the hotel buffet.  My husband was still sleeping and after paying an undisclosed amount of money for me and my 6 year old to eat I refused to pay any more money for my husband and baby to eat.  So what did I do?  I asked the waiter for a take-out box.  I then took the take-out box and filled it up with a nice sized breakfast for my hubby and some sides for the babe. So *technically* I only paid for 2 breakfasts instead of 4! I threw food in and ran... kinda felt like that family on Lampoons Vegas Vacation at the buffet.  hahaha

But it got me thinking.... what would be some other ways to save for restaurant meals?  My sister-in-law told me that she signs up for the email alerts from local and chain restaurants.  Just this week Mimi's Cafe had a promotion for up to $10 off of breakfast.  She signed up a different email account for all her family members...for for the family of 4 they only paid the tax of $6 because they each had a $10 off coupon with their name on it.  Now THAT is the kind of deal I'm talking about. 

Any other ideas or suggestions you all have? (btw, Happy Mothers Day everyone!)

1 comment:

  1. Some restaurants have a kid's eat free night.

    CERTAIN RESRICTIONS APPLY to each situation.

    Usually they eat free with a paying adult, though some restaurants allow 2 free children's meals PER paying adult. And there is usually a restriction about 12 and under (or similiar) and perhaps ordering from the Kids' Menu. Here are a few I know about (check your local restaurant, as they might not participate):

    Denny's: Kids Eat Free on Tuesdays and Saturdays (some locations) from 4PM-10PM.

    I-Hop: (some locations) offer Kids Eat Free Monday-Thursday from 4:00-8:00 PM.

    Holiday Inn Hotels: Kids 12 and under eat free in the restaurant(limit 4 kids per paying adult). For registered guests only.

    Fuddruckers: Kids eat free from 4:00-9:00 PM (ages 12 and under).

    Golden Corral: Ages 10 and under eat free from 5:00 PM-9:00 PM.

    Also, try this link for more restaurants. You can also google "Kids Eat Free" and lots of stuff will come up. Remember that each one of these restaurans has CERTAIN RESTRICTIONS--- so call ahead or check their website before you go. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails