Monday, April 6, 2009

Bike Facelift

I admit, I stole this idea from my brother-in-law...,..... a man who is, I might add, the LAST person I would think of as "frugal." Several years ago, my daughter inherited a bicycle from his children. It is a girl's bike, but he had 2 girls in a row, then a boy, and he didn't want to shell out the money for a boy's bike. So my brother-in-law spray painted the pink bike a more "boyish" dark green. Well, my daughter has loved this dark green bike, but often wished it were pink. So my husband bought a can of spray paint, and returned it to its "girly" glory. He taped some plastic bags around the handles & chains to keep the paint out of them. Our daughter... well she thought she'd died and gone to heaven, now that she has a pink bike! Woot. Just an idea you might want to try. Get as creative as you want and use your imagination (or your child's!)


Sorry, I don't have a picture of the finished product, but I will try to get one tomorrow. Not bad to get a brand-new looking bike for the price of one can of spray paint, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails