Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Wal-mart Is Good for SOME Things


Rhoades Frozen Whole Wheat Bread
Less than a $1.00 a loaf!

If you're like me you LOVE homemade bread but you never do it. Instead you subject yourself to paying $2.50 at the grocery store for bread that tastes homemade.  Never again my friends.  My friend turned me on to these loaves about 4 months ago... and then about 2 months ago I found them at Wal-mart for $2.64.  Yes, friends, $2.64 for THREE loaves of bread.  You stick them in a pan, let them raise for 4-6 hours, bake them for 25 minutes and viola you have homemade wheat bread for approximately $.88 a loaf.  I can never go to wal-mart and leave without SOMETHING I don't need.  So when I go I stock up on bread for at least two months.  It's perfect and we're never without bread.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't realize bread was so cheap that way! I am definantly stocking up on that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lori, great find! I looked at Smith's and Macey's and this bread is $3.49 at both places, so make sure you pick it up if you're at Walmart. Combine it with a coupon and get an even better deal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea too! My husband is diabetic and eats only wheat bread. I have thought about making my own bread, but never wanted the hassle of kneading it and letting it rise. This would be so easy. Do you mind if I use this idea as well on my blog?

    Thanks!
    Lisa
    www.simplyfrugalnana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails