Monday, December 29, 2008

Recycling Pajamas

I was cleaning out stuff in our basement a few weeks ago for the upcoming DI drive (local second-hand store). I ran across a box of boy's clothing in size 4. My son is now 10, and the rest of my children are girls. I began boxing it up, and I was frustrated that some of the things were perfectly good, and could be used by my 4 year old daughter, except for I was certain they weren't "girly" enough.

My solution? When you have a perfectly good pair of red pajamas and they have a "boy" logo on them, you improvise! I cut out 3 hearts from paper and pinned it to a scrap of pink fleece. From there I hand sewed the fleece over the logo and added the other 2 hearts just to make it look better. They do say "Stop, Go!" on the wrist bands, but she can't read and she doesn't care anyway.
She was thrilled! It didn't cost me anything, and I got another pair of pajamas out of it. If you did actually have to purchase the fleece, you could look in the "remnants" section and get way more than you need for about $1.
Now, I just need to sew some cute decals onto a few of his old jeans......

2 comments:

  1. Natalie what I great idea! I have all boys, but there are a few things that are pretty much gender neutral.. like colors... and I can't give them to my friends that have girls (they all do!). Now I have a wonderful free way to make them acceptable! Thanks for the wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have also cut the feet out of them so they can wear them longer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails